Now hiring staff, interns, and seeking volunteers!
Youth Rise Texas is a nonprofit dedicating to uplifting young people harmed by criminalization and deportation so that they may heal, take action, and cultivate compassionate communities.
Youth Rise Texas is hiring for the following positions (click on position title for job description and application instructions):
#StayWoke Coordinators: Two, full time, temporary positions from June 4-July 31. $20 per hour, 35-40 hours per week. Help us lead our flagship summer program!
We’re seeking upbeat, details-driven professionals who can just as easily lead a room of boisterous teens in their learning goals as the can collect and organize paperwork and ensure timely delivery of data about the program to the Executive Director. These persons are energetic, whip-smart, strong problem solvers with great communication skills and a great attitude, and are comfortable collaborating and leading a room of teenagers even when the going gets tough.
- Executive Operations Associate: One part-time, permanent position with room for growth! $20 per hour, 20 hours per week; start date June 1. This person will be the CEO of Organizational Efficacy!
The ideal candidate will love and live the phrase “A place for everything, and everything in it’s place.” We are seeking someone with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks without dropping any balls; someone who understands that the devil is in the details, and that there are a lot of details.
- Youth Organizing Institute Program Coordinator: One full time permanent position coordinating our on-site and in-school programs. Salaried pay ranges from $40,000-$50,000 per year dependent on qualifications and experience.The ideal candidate will love the idea that healing our communities is an opportunity to heal ourselves, and will have experience working at the intersections of education and youth leadership development.
Volunteers & Internships
We are also seeking multiple volunteer positions and one full time summer intern for our #StayWoke summer leadership program. Positions available immediately, including:
- Regular weekly volunteers needed to support summer program coordination (M-F daytime availability, positions open now)
- One-off occasional volunteer opportunities (evening and weekend availability, May-June), and
- Positions for folks available only over the summer who might like to help with field trips or support us by making or delivering a donated lunch (M-F daytime availability, June-July).
For those interested in volunteering, please fill out this form, and for those interested in our internship positions, please see this job description. Thanks for supporting directly impacted young people to heal, act, and lead our communities forward!